Contract position: Logistics Planner position with a manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will be responsible for improving product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution and inventory.Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Improving product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution and inventory
- Ensure day to day route management / planning and strategic improvements to the distribution system while driving down distribution expenses
- Prepare planning options, evaluate cost efficiency and provide analysis of both with detailed business case studies
- Support Material handling on the shop floor to verify planning and process concerns during trials launch and change implementation using time studies ergonomic analysis, layout reviews, etc.
- Perform time studies for materiel handling processes to determine headcount planning for parts routing and receiving
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Logistics or related or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Approximately 3 or more years relevant experience within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience with project management relative to manpower and process planning
- Ability to perform basic layout work in AutoCAD
- Experience implementing lean material flows
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.