Permanent position: Fortune 200 PEMB manufacturer is seeking a talented individual that can assist the company in sales and profit by designing safe, accurate, and cost effective low-rise metal building systems. These structures include airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, industrial buildings, and more. This individual will also have the opportunity to assist in project meetings, estimating, special project work and research and development as necessary. Seeking someone that is able to work with all departments, production, and outside sales as an integral part of the team. Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- As Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing all parts of the metal building system, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, secondary members, and stability bracing
- Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis using our proprietary software
- Assisting in division sales and profits by designing safe and economical structures
- Load determination per applicable codes
- Actively managing projects through effective communication with customers and other departments
- Reviewing and checking structural drawings
- Developing safe, creative, and economical design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Currently have or will obtain a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering prior to starting work.
- PE or Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (or awaiting results from recent testing) prior to starting work
- Effective communication using both verbal and written skills.
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance offered
- Base salary listed DOES NOT include additional bonus and profit sharing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.