Contract position: Per diem is available. Large medical product manufacturer has an immediate need in Marion NC for Sr Principal Engineers to lead equipment installations, improve product quality during remediation efforts and improve equipment performance during downtime. Must have recent and relevant experience with Allen Bradley Control Systems and Automation. This is a contract opportunity expected to last 1 year could be longer based on performance, possible temp to perm.Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Site subject matter expert on manufacturing automation, control, electrical and machine safety systems; supporting both new equipment installations and optimization of existing equipment
- Support advanced troubleshooting of automation equipment. Identify and implement training and resources needed for maintenance staff
- Ensure all new equipment and changes to existing equipment follow appropriate medical device change management practices. Write and execute process and equipment validations (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Identify and implement projects that reduce manufacturing cost
- Support maintenance training and advanced troubleshooting of control systems
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years experience with high-speed automation, programmable logic controllers, robotics and vision systems
- 5+ years related experience in upgrading manufacturing machines within a regulated environment.
- PLC control experience with specific Rockwell/Allen Bradley experience
- Previous experience with Validation,
- Documentation (Writing Protocols and Reports)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.