Contract position: Engineering client is looking for both a Mechanical Drafter/Designer for their Alpharetta, GA office. You will be part of a design team that supports aviation & airport fueling projects. The ideal candidate has either AutoCAD Plant 3D or CADWorx software experience and if not then REVIT. *** rate is commensurate with experience ***Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Plan & prepare detailed mechanical designs in support of aviation & airport fueling projects
- Apply basic formulas, principles and practices to prepare mechanical designs for fueling systems at: major airports; military bases; transport truck and car rental facilities; marine loading facilities; pipeline terminals; truck loading facilities; and commercial gasoline stations
- Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations on project of substantial variety and complexity
- Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines
- You need 3-10 years of experience as a Mechanical Designer/Detailer supporting mechanical system designs (vs mechanical components)
- Previous related consulting experience preferred for Commercial or Military Fuel Systems, Oil & Gas, Water/Wastewater, or Industrial Systems projects that include detailing or designing Piping, Pumps, Filter Vessels, Valving/Valves, etc.
- Any epxerience with AutoCAD Plant 3D or CADWorx is a big PLUS
- If you don't have AutoCAD Plant 3D or CADWorx, the you need experience with REVIT software
- You should have experience with with AutoCAD or Microstation
- An AS or BS degree in Drafting, CAD Certificate or similar is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.