Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Project Cost Analyst/Specialist with 2-5 years of either project cost analysis experience or data analysis experience. The ideal candidate has experience supporting electric or gas utility transmission line engineering & construction projects, but any engineering or construction project background will be acceptable. This is a long term contract opportunity that could turn into a permanent job located in La Jolla, CA. Our client is only looking for local candidates at this time.Responsibilities for the Analyst
Requirements for the Analyst
- You will help implement and maintain a cost management reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data
- One of your primary responsibilities will be to follow up with the construction subcontractors on their invoices associated with these projects
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts for multiple utility projects valued at 2-50+ million dollars each
- You will create & customize forecast templates for each project in order to track actuals and cash flow
- Interface mainly with internal project resources and departments in order to provide an accurate cash flow and report on variances
- Report on variances for each project vs the actuals
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts
- Review project invoices and coordinate payment with internal accounting department
- The ideal candidate has experience as a Project Cost Specialist, Project Financial Specialist, Cost Engineer or Cost Controller with 2-5 years of project cost analysis experience supporting engineering or construction projects
- If you do not have this project cost engineering experience, our client is willing to consider candidates that have experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist that have advanced MS Excel skills
- Ideal candidate has experience managing & interfacing with subcontractors to follow up with them on their invoices related to the projects you are supporting
- Ideal candidate has some sort of project financial experience related to cost management, cost forecasting, monthly accruals, invoice reviews, capital project close outs, etc
- Experience creating & customizing forecast templates for projects in order to track actuals and cash flow is a PLUS
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Construction Management or related field is a preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Oracle applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.