Contract position: Maintenance Engineer opportunity with an automotive manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This long term contract position will be responsible to assist with all maintenance aspects in the Body/Paint Operations area of the plant to include robotic systems and applications.Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- Develop, maintain and oversee maintenance systems and activities
- Analyse shop efficiency and equipment downtime and create plans and countermeasures to increase both
- Lead investigations of breakdowns relative to extended downtime and maintenance system failures
- Responsible for major rebuild, repair and refurbishment projects
- Assist in creating equipment maintenance plans for new equipment
- Support and participate in root cause analysis meetings and cross functional teams
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Approximately 5 or more years maintenance engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in industrial equipment, equipment reliability improvement, project planning and implementation
- Working knowledge of PLC's and associated hardware, field bus network systems, robotics systems and associated applications.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.