Permanent position: Controls Engineer, Granite City, IL Manufacturing facility seeks to hire a Controls Engineer for their state-of-the-art plant. Reporting to Maintenance Manager this Technician will bring well-rounded skills and experience in Instrumentation and Controls. MODICON PLC experience and WONDERWARE HMI highly preferred. Will consider Allen Bradley Controllogix or AB SLC 500, Allen Bradley Factorytalk experience. Some relo assistance available. Must be willing to work 2nd shift (3PM-11PM). Role pays O.T. and profit sharing so total comp in the 90's. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Troubleshoots plant controls and instrumentation systems. Looks for ways to reduce frequency of system trips or malfunctions by implementing appropriate PdM or PM programs.
- Participate in incident investigations as required, including reporting incidents to appropriate personnel, completing required documentation, recommending and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings as appropriate.
- Assists Team Leaders and other plant personnel in coordinating and directing work activities of Electricians and Instrumentation Technicians
- Assist in the development and critique of various training programs to cross train and upgrade the Teams skill level.
- Act as System Sponsor for plant systems that require technical skills and expertise.
- Develops technical scopes of work for engineering and construction contractors for projects including equipment lists, specifications, installation details, and commissioning documentation.
- Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- MODICON PLC and WONDERWARE HMI and CYTEC experience preferrred. Will consider Allen Bradley Controllogix with AB SLC 500, Allen Bradley Factortalk experience
- Networking experience (critical) from basic RIO networks, to Ethernet, to Fiber networking. Experience with Ethernet switches and routers, their hardware, their configuration, and how they are used in a networking system
- Willing to work 2nd Shift ( 3PM - 11PM)
- Excellent benefits
- Hourly role that pays OT at 1.5
- Profit sharing at paid 10% for past 9 years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.