Contract position: A Packaging Engineer is needed for a global healthcare leader that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patient's needs in the Bridgewater, NJ area. This role will be directing packaging solutions for new chemical entities, life cycle management and marketed product projects.Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- This role functions in a highly regulated environment and is focused on developing and qualifying primary container-closure systems, secondary and tertiary packaging solutions for finished drug products and bulk shipping systems.
- Conduct the evaluation, recommendation and qualification of primary container-closure systems and secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Develop project scope and tactical plans for the development and introduction of new or revised packaging materials and systems for US Marketed products.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Working knowledge of packaging materials testing and performance requirements defined in USP, ASTM, ISTA, IATA and CFR and FDA Guidance's.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of solid and liquid oral and topical pharmaceutical primary packaging material types and their technical performance characteristics, cost and manufacturing processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.