Contract position: A Constructability Lead is needed for a world class utility company in the Roanoke, VA area. This role will ensure safety & construction efficiency with an emphasis on reducing construction duration and cost, and develop scope to achieve overall project success leading the team delivering a complex multiple site project. No per diem available. M-F 7-4 or 8-5. Possibility of OT. Travel 50%Responsibilities for the Lead Engineer
Requirements for the Lead Engineer
- Create Constructability Reviews for projects within assigned region and present to execution team before detailed scoping begins.
- Evaluate construction access strategy for both Construction and Maintenance of critical infrastructure along Transmission ROW and within Substations & Switching Stations across varying terrain.
- Communicate with Transmission Leadership regarding regional construction method improvements, updates, and initiatives. Provide monthly reports on overall constructability development to leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Safety or related field and 6 years experience of overseeing/directing transmission and distribution station construction and/or transmission line construction work
- Ability to read and interpret one-line station diagrams and transmission line switching diagrams, and anticipate proper clearance points and zones of protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.