Permanent position: A Plant/ Operations Manger is needed for a leading EPC organization. The Plant/ Operations Manager is responsible to oversee plant personnel and activities of the facility operations team, maintaining continued operation of the facility, and ensuring production schedules and output requirements are met. Qualified candidates must have a BS Degree, preferably in Engineering, and 10+ years' of plant or operations management for a continuous process industrial environment. This position is located west of Bakersfield, CA, and relocation is available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
Requirements for the Operations Manager
- Manage overall activities of the facility's operations team through direct supervision of operation staff; ensure safe and effective execution of their job responsibilities
- Direct facility operations and coordinate and schedule maintenance activities
- Maintain systems for tracking plant conditions and performance, evaluating the effectiveness of operating and maintenance practices; identify problem areas and areas for potential improvements, and measuring plant performance against financial, contractual and regulatory goals
- Participate in budget development, manage and control operations expenditures, maintain an active cost reduction program directed toward improved plant profitability
- Assure compliance with all contractual obligations, government regulations, environmental standards and all plant safety procedures and programs
- 10+ years' of plant or operations management within a continuous process industrial or manufacturing environment
- BS Degree, preferably in Engineering
- Must have direct experience leading teams associated with plant, start-up, commissioning, and operations
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead and mentor others; Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Strong and proactive communication skills
- Comprehensive benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.