Permanent position: Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a full-time opportunity in the Newport, RI area. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and testing new electro-mechanical products. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design electro-mechanical products using CAD and consult with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure that designs are feasible
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of function.
- Record and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and five or more years experience in a design engineering or product design role.
- Experience with electro-mechanical products with moving parts, machine design, experience with load bearing steel frame designs, structural design of metal components for manufacturing.
- Experience using OnShape strongly preferred, or SolidWorks/Pro-Engineer..
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.