Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED!!!!.......Client is looking for a Project Manager to manage electric utility switchyard & substation EPC projects. You will be based out of their office in Windsor Mill, MD and will support projects in the Baltimore area. Client is looking for a minimum of 10+ years of related overall engineering & construction experience and 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager. Client prefers candidates that are local or in a commutable distance to Baltimore, but will consider all candidates that match the criteria.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- You will be in charge of overseeing the design, procurement and construction of new substations and switching yards across the utility footprint in the greater Baltimore area
- You will be responsible for coordinating and on boarding third-party engineers and contractors, budget and schedule management and interfacing with multiple client departments for project approvals, material procurement & coordination of their resources
- You will need to travel to the client offices and the project sites in and around Baltimore, MD
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, and budgeting
- Responsible for coordinating project planning, establishment of critical project objectives, quality control, budgeting and scheduling with the client
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients
- Lead weekly progress review meetings as well as coordinate third party and utility resources in support of outages to implement the program
- The ideal candidate will have 10-15+ years of engineering & construction experience supporting electric utility substation & switchyard upgrade and new construction projects
- You need at least 4 years of experience as a Project Manager who is involved in the entire life cycle of an EPC project from permitting, subcontract negotiations, scope, schedule, budget, safety, quality, etc...
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field is needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.