Contract position: Our client in Irvine is looking for an Engineer who will perform design for manufacturability and assembly analyses looking for areas of simplification and improvement. Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Identify and ensure the optimization of complex Manufacturing and/or R&D processes using engineering and statistical methods.
- Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes, and reduce risk.
- Qualify engineering tooling / fixtures
- Author and execute validations for new equipment and processes.
- Creates and update technical engineering documentation (reports, technical summaries, FMEAs, etc) and documentation materials for production (e.g., work instructions) to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 2 years related work experience Required or Master's Degree or equivalent and internship, senior projects or thesis in Engineering or Scientific field with including either industry or industry/education Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.