Contract position: A Sr. Equipment Engineer for a medical devices and equipment manufacturing company is needed in the Salt Lake City, UT area. This role will analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to the safety, ergonomics, and efficacy of equipment, tooling, and fixtures. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Equipment Engineer
Requirements for the Equipment Engineer
- Identify equipment, fixture, service, design and fabrication suppliers; assess supplier capability and recommend their use.
- Specify requirements and execute factory and site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT) for custom or off-the-shelf purchased equipment.
- Create equipment specifications and define requirements for the installation (IQ) and operational qualification (OQE) of equipment, tooling, and fixtures.
- Perform duties in compliance with a site quality management system that is governed by the US Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 and European MDD.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or mechatronics engineering from an accredited university.
- Four years of engineering experience with responsibility for manufacturing support, or process design. Two of the four years additionally include equipment engineering responsibilities for specifying, designing, qualifying, or troubleshooting equipment to support product/process development or manufacturing operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.