Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer and can be a home based person or work out of our Cape Cod, MA location. This person will service, maintain, repair, install, troubleshoot etc... various automated equipment used for retrieval and sorting of various medical, pharmaceutical, warehouse, and manufacturing products. This position an hourly role, with time and 1/2 for overtime and is expected to travel 60-75% of the time and you can work 500-1000+ hours of overtime if you would like. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience but would likely be in the 25-32/hr range. (with pay for time in transit and overtime availability) Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Will conduct on-site Predictive Maintenance Inspections on machinery using various measurement and testing devices. Once the on-site inspection is complete, generates a detailed list of replacement parts and passes list to theparts department for quoting.
- 60-75% travel required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of capital equipment service technician experience strongly desired and/or Mechanical and electronic trouble-shooting experience.
- Basic knowledge of electrical control systems and troubleshooting. Basic knowledge of pneumatics and troubleshooting.
- Certificate program or advanced training in PLC logic a plus.
- Experience in FDA environment a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K with Employer Match
- 1.5 x Salary for Life Insurance & AD&D. STD & LTD.
- Paid Vacations and Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.