Contract position: A Transmission Right of Way Agent is needed for a world class utility company in the Pikeville, KY area. This role is responsible, with supervision, for the acquisition of land, land rights, licenses, leases, permits, and other documents necessary for the construction, operation and maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution lines. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Responsible, with supervision, for project oversight in reviewing and supervising outside contract agents on ROW Projects to ensure adherence to project schedules and budget, as well as project reporting.
- Utilize GIS Mapping systems.
- Properly prepare, maintain and revise (as needed) of property owners' files, right of way maps, records, drawings, exhibits and necessary progress reports.
- Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
- Associates' degree in real estate, business, engineering, or related field. with three to five years of experience, OR, Bachelor's degree in real estate, business, engineering or related field with two years of experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business, management, real estate, law, electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way. Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with right-of-way/land management (i.e., geoAMPS or other land management databases) or other equivalent databases and a background with project controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.