Permanent position: Process Metallurgist Longview TX - Fortune 200 Steel Manufacturer is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Metallurgical Engineer/Process Engineer. This person will lead investigations into continual quality and productivity improvements in Melting, Casting, and Rolling as well as root cause analysis of product defects. This company has a history of hiring the best talent and promoting from within and has never laid off an employee due to lack of work. Relocation assistance offered. Will consider entry level candidates. Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Lead investigations into continual quality and productivity improvements in Melting, Casting, and Rolling as well as root cause analysis of product defects.Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science Engineering.
- Open to entry level candidates
- Experience in the Steel Making Industry, mini mill, foundry. One or more of these areas desired: Melting, Casting, Rolling Mill, Finishing.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, well organized and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint Statistical Analysis, Process Modeling, and Data Queries
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in a team environment
- Commitment to self-improvement, cost reduction, product quality, and customer service excellenceBenefits
- Excellent benefits and bonus eligible
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.