Contract position: Wind farm construction project Field Engineer needed for a long term contact assignment in western NY state. Growing renewable energy company is seeking an experienced Field Engineer / Project Manager for a new windfarm construction project in western New York state. Candidate will report to the Site Manager and help deliver the project on schedule and on budget. Responsibilities for the Construction Engineer
Requirements for the Construction Engineer
- Construction Field Engineer is responsible for assisting the site construction team to deliver a safe, high‐quality project on time, on or under budget, and in an environmentally responsible manner
- Candidate will assist in on‐site construction activities with general contractors, subcontractors and the project construction team.
- Assist with the project construction schedule and ensure any site issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the construction of wind projects on‐site; understand the schedule and budget along with assisting in maintaining a high level of quality and safety.
- Be aware of the project construction schedule and assist the Construction Site Manager in coordinating with contractors to mitigate any potential delays.
- BS Engineering or other technical degree required
- Technical background to be able to demonstrate practical Project Management capability in renewable power, i.e. wind power, solar power or other utility businesses
- Strong track record in successfully assembling and managing projects, preferably for a minimum of 5 years in the wind industry.
- Per diem available for qualified candidates, trips home, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.