Contract position: We are searching for an Expeditor (Material Planning) in Jackson, MI to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Procures materials, equipment, and services to support the Master Production Plan as well as the requirements for R & D, field support/service, and other functions (e.g. licensees and contract manufacturers). Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Places orders and schedules the delivery of material, equipment, and services in accordance with entity requirements and objectives.
- Controls the inventory of assigned materials in accordance with defined management objectives to insure continuity of supply. This includes the disposition of excess and non-active inventory.
- Deals with suppliers in accordance with established supplier management programs and TQRDCE expectations. Helps develop and implement plans for improvement with suppliers.
- Primary contact with suppliers and internal partners to facilitate problem resolution for assigned materials, equipment, or services (e.g. discrepant material, invoicing, or logistics/delivery problems).
- 1+ year of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with purchasing/procurement within a manufacturing or R&D environment
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.