Permanent position: Leading manufacturer of fuel pumps and injectors in Jacksonville, NC seeking experienced Product Engineer. Successful candidate will be responsible for development of and adaptation of engine fuel injection components and systems. Candidate will work cross functionally in all phases of development to ensure successful product launch. Coordinate design development activities by performing design validation tests to ensure design goals are met, and FMEA to proactively identify and correct processes. Exceptional benefits package included.Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Determine fuel system technical requirements and develop system components while interfacing with engine manufacturers.
- Prepare project design proposals, validate and refine project scope of work, and prepare/review cost estimates.
- Adapt current fuel injection equipment to customer's engines, through component design and selection, meeting engine performance and emissions targets.
- Personally visit suppliers/customers occasionally in a support role.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in the development and testing of engine components.
- Demonstrated experience with fuel injection equipment and engine test and development.
- AutoCAD experience required with working knowledge of reliability modeling and analysis.
- Working knowledge of ISO requirements and APQP activities.
- Professional reliability and quality certifications a plus.
- Exceptional benefits package included with 401K matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.