Contract position: A Technician is needed for a world class utility company in the Charleston, WV area. This role will review issued project prints (one line, schematics, and equipment drawings) to gather information about equipment to be installed on a project, as needed. No per diem available. 75% Office, 25% Field. M-F, OT is minimal. Travel less than 5%Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Coordinate the review, use, and final upload of job specific TFS Capital Project Testing and Commissioning Checklists and serve as a liaison between the Central Construction Admin team and the TFS Field team.
- Coordinate with Print Services and Central Admin team to receive the printed job specific checklist or make an electronic copy available to be used on the job.
- Scan and/or upload completed Capital Checklists to IPS after each major in-service milestone and at the completion of the project.
- Receive testing documentation from the Field and record the information in IPS.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent plus 2+ years of related utility industry work experience or an Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Technology or related fields.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience. Comfortable working in a Construction area if needed.
- Utility Background preferred. Ability to read and understand Schematic Drawings preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.