Permanent position: Client located near Harleyville, SC has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Power Plant Operator/Technician with 5-10+ years of experience working in a boiler/steam turbine power plant or process plant environment. Our client is looking for candidates who are local to the area.Responsibilities for the Operator
Requirements for the Operator
- Perform the day to day, daily operations and periodic preventative maintenance activities for a steam power plant
- Operates, maintains and repairs boilers, steam generators, steam turbines, electrical generators, motors, pumps, compressors, electrical switchgear, etc...
- Responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continuous basis
- Respond to alarms by taking appropriate actions and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures
- You will start working the day shift and then transfer to 12 hour rotating shifts
- You must have 5-10+ years of operations & maintenance experience with steam boilers and associated systems, controls, and equipment.
- Candidates with electrical, instrumentation, and/or mechanical experience are preferred.
- Client will consider candidates that have experience as a Navy MM or BT or any other rate of nuke (EM,ET,ELT,MM).
- Client offers excellent benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.