Permanent position: Client located near Allendale, SC has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Power Plant Control Room Operator/Shift Supervisor with 7-15 years of experience working in a boiler/steam turbine power plant or process plant environment. Our client is looking for candidates who are local to the area.Responsibilities for the Shift Supervisor
Requirements for the Shift Supervisor
- Responsible for supervising and operating this steam power plant in a safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner
- Ensure the performance and record keeping of required daily plant operations activities, including equipment readings, inspections and testing
- Monitor systems to ensure proper operations, perform routine equipment safety checks and inspections
- Work in the control room and operate the distributed control systems (DCS)
- Perform routine evaluations of boiler, cooling tower, demineralizer, and RO unit water chemistry and make necessary changes to chemical feed systems to ensure continued plant operation
- Responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continuous basis
- Respond to alarms by taking appropriate actions and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures
- You will start working the day shift and then transfer to 12 hour rotating shifts
- You must have 7-15+ years of operations & maintenance experience with steam boilers and associated systems, controls, and equipment.
- You need at least 3 years of experience as a Shift Supervisor in an operating plant
- Specific experience working in a solid fuel fired power plant is a PLUS
- Candidates with electrical, instrumentation, and/or mechanical experience are preferred.
- Client will consider candidates that have experience as a Navy MM or BT or any other rate of nuke (EM,ET,ELT,MM).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.