Permanent position: Electrical Design Engineer opportunity with a well established company located approximately 1.5 hours Southeast of the Davenport, IA area. This position will be responsible for the design power generation controls and switch gear to include low and medium voltage switch gear as well as floor standing circuit breaker control panels. Relocation will be considered on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Receive, read and interpret project write-ups and apply the appropriate engineering terms, methodology and clarifications, including schedule projections, manpower needs and material requirements.
- Prepare and create all necessary electrical drawings, plans or prints, including shop and supplier drawings
- Prepare, issue and maintain required documentation.
- Monitor project through completion, providing correction, modification or assistance to other company departments as needed or directed.
- Supervise and review project engineers and design engineers drawings and documentation.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering desirable
- Above average electrical engineering skills, preferably within the power generation industry or a closely related field.
- Strong background in electrical power generation with a knowledge of the engine/generator set industry.
- Above average computer literacy with the latest version of AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Electrical
- Caterpillar control knowledge is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.