Contract position: We are searching for a Production Planner in Highland, IL to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Developing and issuing executable production schedules for assigned work centers in accordance with the established Level Load Fixed Scheduling methodology in order to meet or exceed customer service level goals. This includes verification of available capacity, materials, and tooling to execute production schedule.
- Coordinates daily with the Production Supervisors and operators of the assigned work centers to validate or modify the production schedule in addition to help resolving issues affecting schedule adherence and customer service level performance.
- Primary point of contact for all customer service inquiries and issues and is responsible for providing accurate and timely lead time estimates and order status information.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management.
- Bachelor degree from accredited educational institution
- 3+ years of production planning experience
- LEAN implementation experience a plus
- SAP experience is preferred
- APICS CPIM/CSCP is a plus
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.