Permanent position: A large manufacturing company in South Metro Atlanta is looking for an experience Technical Writer with proficiency in CAD and strong technical knowledge to write instruction manuals, service manuals, parts lists, label drawings, etc. The ideal candidate will have long-term previous employment in an engineering department in the manufacturing sector. Experience with CAD software is a must. This is a direct hire position with excellent benefits. Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Creates and revises technical documentation to support the operation, repair, and maintenance of company products
- Analyzes and interprets engineering drawings as well as other technical data to translate information into technical documentation.
- Proofreading and editing technical documentation and engineering drawings.
- Works closely with project managers, engineers, and other technical staff to clarify and create technical copy for product information and specifications.
- Ability to use CAD (CREO/Pro-E preferred) to create exploded views for parts lists and illustrations for manuals and instruction sheets.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Basic electrical and refrigeration knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with editing software such as Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Ilustrator
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, 11 paid holidays, vacation, 401 k, Short Term/Long Term Disability and educational reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.