Permanent position: Exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer in the Austin, Texas area! This is a new position on a growing team at a global leader in open architecture computing and electronic systems. The Test Engineer is open varying levels from Entry level to Technical Expert and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Ideal candidate will have experience developing test plans/procedures and use of C or C++, and Labview. Must be self-motivated and eager to tackle projects and new tasks. Bachelor's degree required in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable. Local candidates or those who can relocate themselves preferred. Not eligible for sponsorship. Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Troubleshoot/debug & mitigate/resolve issues during product test development cycle with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, etc.).
- Design/Procure/Fabricate test fixtures & stations for use in product test
- Create/Maintain/Document/Troubleshoot, TestStand/Labview test programs for use in product test
- Perform qualification & design validation testing of products, inclusive of the following: planning, requirements, procedures, & also execution of EMI/ESD, Shock, Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, Thermal Cycling
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams ensuring test solutions meet customer requirements
- Must have BSEE, BSCS, or comparable Bachelors degree
- Must have experience with C or C++ languages
- Must be self-motivated
- Desired to have experience with Labview
- Entry level or experienced Engineer or technical expert
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.