Contract position: A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Warrensburg, MO area. This role will improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Support the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Support design, development and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field with at least 1 year of direct experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience working with a SAP ERP operating system.
- Strong understanding of engineering configuration management with the ability to convert engineering requirements into manufacturing instructions. Understanding of the relationship between engineering Bill Of Materials and a manufacturing Bill Of Materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.