Contract position: An ISO and RTO provider of transmission services in the Greater Indianapolis area is seeking a Power Systems Modeling Engineer to assist with system upgrades throughout the mid-Atlantic region. This Modeling Engineer must have ISO industry experience and/or EMS utility industry experience. This position will be responsible for the development of various power system models used to support core functions of resource and transmission planning, reliability coordination and market operations. This candidate may also be responsible for developing models used by our Client's control room operations leveraging real-time field telemetry, or models used to determine an optimal resource commitment and dispatch within the Company markets. Our Client is looking for a mid to senior level Power Systems Modeling Engineer who can provide guidance to other employees. The right Power Systems Model Engineer candidate will be given the option to work remotely. Relocation to Indianapolis is not required.Responsibilities for the Modeler
Requirements for the Modeler
- Data model with Enterprise Architect or similar, creating CIM profiles, packages and projects.
- Translate and map CIM UML data models into XML and Schemas.
- Develop as directed various operations and planning models.
- Develop and refine process controls and quality assurance methods to benchmark and validate power system models and ensure model accuracy.
- Comply with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position including (but not limited to): SSAE16 SOC 1 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 Service Organization Controls 1) , CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection), Change Management, Tariff (Open Access Transmission, Energy and Operating Reserve Markets Tariff), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and NAESB (North American Energy Standards Board)
- 3+ years of ISO industry experience or EMS utility experience.
- Experience with the common information model (CIM) and Siemens Smart Grid Engineering Manager (SGEM).
- Data modeling experience with Enterprise Architect or similar creating CIM profiles, packages and projects.
- Experience in translating/mapping CIM UML data models into XML and Schemas.
- Similar project leadership experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.