Contract position: We are searching for a Lab Technician in Apopka, FL to work at a leading beverage manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Process incoming or outgoing samples (e.g., receiving, logging, labeling, shipping) using LIMS or other tools to ensure that samples are traceable and properly distributed for analysis.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Blending and processing of beverage samples
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results
- Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology
- Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g., preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.