Contract position: We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Eastanollee, GA (Toccoa Area) to work at a leading aerospace manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and an extension is likely. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Technician
Requirements for the Manufacturing Technician
- Conduct continuous improvement activities on existing manufacturing through: 5S, setup reductions, throughput improvements, scrap & rework reductions, tool & fixture development
- Actively participate in team-oriented efforts including Lean, 8D corrective action teams, VSM activities, PFMEA teams, PROLaunch activities
- Work on Interrupters in the value streams
- Document manufacturing processes - Update routers as needed
- Interpret engineering prints, ACES, and applicable specifications
- Conduct BOM/router audits
- Provide technical assistance to management, engineering and production
- Associate degree in engineering or related technical field (Preferred)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to read engineering prints
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures and equipment, OSHA regulations, manufacturing methods, routings, and standards
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.