Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Assembly Technician out in the Holland, MI area working on automated capital equipment and traveling about 30% of the time to do on-site assembly and installations. Responsibilities for the Machine Technician
Requirements for the Machine Technician
- Service and/or install equipment in the field when necessary; Disassembles, prepares and crates parts and equipment for shipment to customers.
- Fully assemble and test run fillers, parts assemblies and related equipment.
- Fabricates parts as necessary. Document your work and communicate with the Engineering department to ensure prints are updated.
- Reorders parts needed through Parts Coordinator or Materials Manager when necessary.
- Gain a working knowledge of basic electronic functions of the machines, as well as understanding basic PLC and servo functions; be able to modify programs as needed to improve performance of equipment.
- Follow routing for parts to go too other departments in the factory as necessary.
- High School diploma
- 1+ year experience assembling or servicing capital or industrial equipment; automated equipment would be ideal.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Electronic or PLC exposure, ideally but not required.
- Valid Passport-preferred.
- Full company benefits and time and 1/2 for OT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.