Permanent position: Operations Team Leader, Granite City, IL - Directly supervises 10-20 employees in the facility's coal/coke handling, ovens, machine operations, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), flue gas desulphurization (FGD), and the continuous emissions monitoring system. Directs and coordinates activities of all crew members during a shift in processing materials or manufacturing products. NO RELO assistance offered. Responsibilities for the Operations Team Leader
Requirements for the Operations Team Leader
- Monitors and directs work activities and ensures compliance with company plant and safety rules.
- Plans, operations, establishes priorities and sequences for shift activities. Coordinates production activities with other departments and personnel
- Maintains compliance with appropriate federal, State and local safety and/or environmental regulations
- Champions and Leads Team Improvement Plans, 5S, System Sponsorship Program, & Implementation Task Force Projects.
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continuous improvement / lean experience
- Experience supervising staff in a heavy manufacturing plant
- Technical Skills: Preferred experience with high pressured boilers, combustion equipment, water chemistry, bag house ash handling
- Willingness to work 3rd shift
- Permanent role with excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.