Contract position: Mechanical Design Engineer near Indianapolis, IN to join a market leader providing innovative solutions using both conventional and solid-state technology. This role is responsible to design parts and products and provide sustaining support of those products. Candidates must have a BS in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical is ideal) with at least (2) two years of work experience designing and testing electro-mechanical components. This is a temporary opportunity with possibility to turn permanent. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- New product development, cost reductions and sustaining engineering for existing products
- Uses drawing and modeling software (i.e. Autocad, ProEngineer) to develop new products, and create product enhancements
- Design work includes enclosure part design, part assembly and detail part drawings.
- Develop and conceive concepts based on the technical spec provided, and convert the concept into an actual delivered manufacturable product
- Interacts with the manufacturing facilities to resolve part or assembly issues, deviation requests and bill of material errors.
- Develops and distributes engineering data in the form of Engineering Change Notices, bills of material and parts tracking.
- BS in Engineering is required (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Must have at least two (2) years' experience in mechanical design within a manufacturing organization
- Demonstrate strong fundamentals dealing with electro-mechanical components
- Experience with either Autocad, ProEngineer is ideal
- Experience in the following industries: Casting, Machining, Sheet metal, PCB Board Assembly, Automotive, Home automation systems, HVAC (control systems) is preferred
- Contractor benefits plan
- Growth opportunity
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.