Permanent position: Controls Engineer, Georgetown, KY - Privately held manufacturer and supplier to Toyota, seeks to hire a Controls Engineer to support their project growth. The successful candidate will join the owner and other engineers to develop an automation strategy to support the demands of their automotive clients. The Controls Engineer is responsible for multiple controls projects and will be capable of all phases of a controls project including: concept and research, sales and sales support, estimating, component selection, panel design, layout, purchasing, device troubleshooting, PLC programming, HMI tagging, on-site installation and support. The Controls Engineer will also help develop new processes, lead the integration and development of new systems, assist in solving complex technical problems, and help train and develop the engineering team. Formal education desired by not required. Seeking local candidates.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Design, develop, and implement automation control solutions for custom equipment including
- Concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, and collaboration on system build, integration testing, project management, and implementation.
- Deliver successful controls projects with regards to customer satisfaction, schedule, time, budget.
- 5+ years experience leading automation and controls projects
- Knowledge of control configuration or programming in accordance with design documents in order to meet or establish compliance with functional requirements
- ToyoPuc PLC Preferred (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell PLC's a plus)
- UniDraf CAD Preferred (AutoCad Electrical a plus)
- Basic signal circuit design and signal communications system architecture e.g. wireless, and fieldbus, industrial networks such as DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP
- Working experience with automated controls and components - PLC's, Motors, Servos, Motor Controllers, Power Circuits, RFID, Encoders, Sensors, Pneumatics, and Hydraulics.
- Must be able to design and troubleshoot PLC controlled automated machinery.
- Full time role with benefits
- Ground floor opportunity to build an automation strategy for a supplier to Toyota
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.