Permanent position: A prominent mining solutions company is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer. This position will be based out of the Louisville, KY area. The role reports directly to the Engineering Manager. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the machining processes for the production of high quality, economically competitive products. Full training will be provided. Full relocation is available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Execute structural calculations for underground support structures. Training will be provided
- Design steel and composite structural systems
- Discuss and collaborate findings with supervisors
- Apply standards of AISC, ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, AREMA and ASI welding standards
- Utilize SolidWorks or AutoCAD for design and drawing preparation
- Prepare 3D modelling as required
- Must demonstrate strong and professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Create accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others, has good listeningskills.
- Coordinates as required with other internal groups including sales, purchasing, quality control, production, accounting and human resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.