Permanent position: Product Metallurgist - Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing technical expertise for the products produced at this coiled steel division. This position will work with the sales group and customers to ensure a thorough understanding of customer requirements; will ensure that produced coils meet the customer specifications that were ordered; and will assist in the planning, development, and coordination for new products and product trials. In addition, this position may lead or assist in investigations of internally downgraded material or customer claimed material. This position is based in the plant but may require travel for training and/or customer visits. Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Engineering, or a similar technical field Responsibilities for the Metallurgical EngineerRequirements for the Metallurgical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Engineering, or a similar technical field
- 3+ years experience as a Process Metallurgist, Product Metallurgist or a Technical Services Engineer in the metals industry.
- Technical Services Engineer in the metals industry.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analysis skills and experience in a dynamic environment.
- Experience as an Internal Lead Auditor preferred but not required
- Familiarity with IATF16949 or ISO 9001 preferred but not required
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus and profit sharing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.