Contract position: Social media company in Menlo Park is looking for several Mechanical CAD Drafters NX to create 2D drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies in Siemens NX software and modifying 3D NX parts to match the required dimensions and tolerances, if needed. This is a 6 month contract, possibly longerResponsibilities for the Mechanical Drafter
Requirements for the Mechanical Drafter
- Creating 2D drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies in Siemens NX software.
- Creating drawings of tightly constrained consumer electronic products
- Creating drawings to be ASME 14.5Y - 2018 compliant.
- Applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, where appropriate.
- Modifying 3D NX parts to match the required dimensions and tolerances, if required.
- Extensive experience creating 2D drawings with Siemens NX software.
- Proficiency in 3D NX part design.
- A good understanding of mechanical assemblies, constraints and tolerance requirements.
- A good understanding of typical manufacturing practices (injection molded plastics, sheetmetal, machining, PCBAs, flex circuits, etc.)
- 15 PTO days per calendar year.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.