Contract position: We are searching for a Senior Mechanical Designer in Annapolis, MD to work at a leading defense contractor. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the CAD Designer
Requirements for the CAD Designer
- Originate design layouts and geometric models for completely new systems involving a large number of intricate and related parts and controls, complicated mechanical motions, complex structures with extreme stress requirements and/or close tolerances.
- These layouts and models may be generated manually or on a CAD system utilizing conventional design/drafting techniques. Develop engineering ideas and experimental concepts into basic designs working from sketches, design specifications and/or very general directions from the Design Engineer.
- Make mathematical calculations in order to solve advanced design problems involving tolerances, electrical and mechanical clearances, fits, weight, effect of dissimilar metals, mechanism and machine elements, stress and the like in accordance with given formulae as to design equipment according to design specifications.
- Confer with engineers, manufacturing operations, quality and supervisory personnel on problems affecting the design, manufacturing and scheduling of projects to which assigned. Recommend the use of standard tools, parts, procedures, processes and the like.
- Keep abreast of advances in computer (CAD) techniques, design and drafting practices, design techniques, materials and processes and available standard design products of vendors which may be used in the design projects.
- 10+ years of mechanical design experience
- Experience with NX design software is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or hydraulic fields of design and drafting.
- Experience with defense projects is ideal
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.