Contract position: We are searching for a Drafter/Detailer in Annapolis, MD to work at a leading defense contractor. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be temp to perm. Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Create detail and assembly drawings of simple to average parts and assemblies from layouts or general instructions. This requires a basic knowledge of prevailing Design and Drafting Department practice and procedures. Determine from layouts those detail and assembly drawings which are necessary and identify/obtain additional information as required.
- Create simple layouts of simple assemblies such as panels, chassis, printed circuit assemblies and the like which do not involve complex structures or complicated mechanical motion working from layouts, sketches or specific instructions and under close direction of higher classified drafters.
- Make simple changes on a variety of electrical and mechanical drawings according to change notice or general instructions. Incorporate groups of routine change notices and follow through until complete information is on drawings. Work with other drafters and coordinate changes as necessary.
- Obtain proper information for drawings from drawing systems manual, standard books, engineering reference handbooks, material and process specifications supplier catalogs, etc.
- Interpret simple drawings including customer and vendor drawings to obtain information relative to assignment.
- 2+ years of mechanical drafting/design experience
- Experience with NX design software
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or hydraulic fields of design and drafting.
- Experience with defense projects is ideal
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.