Permanent position: Our Client, a leading diversified wood products company in Dudley, GA is seeking an experienced Senior Controls Engineer. This position will be responsible for planning and coordinating electrical preventative and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting equipment on a high level, and supervising electricians, technicians and millwrights. Successful candidate must be hands-on, with strong electrical and supervisory experience, in an industrial environment. This position offers an annual bonus, great work environment and relocation assistance, apply now!Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Manage electrical and instrumentation departments to improve efficiencies and ultimately reduce cost.
- Instruct hourly staff via in house training and broaden technical and troubleshooting skills of personnel.
- Oversee safety related inspections and training to advocate and encourage a culture of safety.
- Facilitate in the troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation, and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial electrician and proven experience in a supervisory role.
- Experienced in troubleshooting methods to ensure that uptime, production volume and quality targets are met.
- Experienced in the use of preventative maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Ability to follow and promote site safety policy and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PLC's including advanced programming.
- Experience developing mill standards and quality control practices.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Comprehensive benefits package included.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Annual Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.