Permanent position: We are searching for an Autonomy Engineer in Sarasota, FL to work for a growing technology company. This is a direct-hire position that provides relocation assistance for the right candidate. Responsibilities for the Autonomy Engineer
Requirements for the Autonomy Engineer
- Maintain and improve unmanned systems flight controller and other vehicle firmware and sensors
- Analyze flight characteristics and improve stability
- Investigate incidents of unexpected behavior
- Create proper robot and vehicle reactions to external environmental conditions
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-designed code
- Math, theory and software development
- High proficiency with C++, Python, PX4 and similar control systems
- Sensing Perception and World Modeling
- Interest in robotics and human-robot interaction is required. Practical robotics and/or mobile experience is a plus.
- Healthcare Insurance, PTO, 401K, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.