Contract position: An Electrical Engineer is needed for a utility holding company in the Minneapolis, MN areas. This role is responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of substation communication systems related to SCADA/EMS and teleprotection channels. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Review standard substation drawings and equipment configuration requirements related to these systems, including RTU programming.
- Integrate designs to produce final product. Evaluate a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigate root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Implement sound cyber security architecture and configurations on substation devices. Apply NERC CIP compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
- Understand and apply standard engineering principles and communication protocols, particularly DNP and IP.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.