Contract position: Our client in Big Bear, CA is looking for a Project Coordinator Coordinator, serving in support role, is accountable for cradle-to-grave support of assigned utility client's capital project efforts in order to deliver and complete capital projects on time and within budget. Accountable for helping to ensure the delivery and completion of capital projects on time and within budget and for being responsive to requests from operations, engineering, and management personnel. This is achieved by efficient use of time through good organizational skills, diligent record keeping, and by resolving issues and questions during the course of a project in an expeditious manner.Responsibilities for the Project Coordinator
Requirements for the Project Coordinator
- Coordinates construction activities between Engineering and Operations includingcontact with contractors, field observation or construction work for compliancewith contract documents.
- Initiates, coordinates, and assists Accounting, Operations, and Engineeringpersonnel with project related requisitions, work orders, change orders, invoices,and other related documents, prepares preliminary cost estimates, distributesfield checks, completes and submits permit applications, and prepares theproject closing packages.
- Prepares project status reports and project schedules.
- Visits project sites as necessary to ensure work is performed per projectspecifications.
- Ensures worksite safety is a top priority and compliance with CalOSHA and otherapplicable safety regulations in project work execution.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or bachelor's degreepreferred.
- Project Management course work and Project Management Professional (PMP)certification preferred.
- Four years of experience in construction projects including demonstrable projectmanagement experience.
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, accounting systems, anddatabases. Proficiency with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Contractor Benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.