Permanent position: Leading Industrial Automation Company located in Laclede County Missouri is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer. This position has the option to work remotely in Springfield Missouri as well. This candidate will closely monitor the progress of the equipment from concept through equipment acceptance on the customers floor. The Senior Controls Engineer designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls for equipment, such as arc welders robots, conveyors and programmable controllers applying knowledge of electricity, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics. The Senior Controls Engineer typically leads a team of controls engineers designers and detailers to design and develop equipment controls hardware and software. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Meets with Mechanical Engineers, project engineer, customer and management to discuss the design and function of the customer equipment.
- Works with project engineer, estimating and sales to determine the specifications for the job, the estimated hours and schedule as well as the specific materials required. Formulates a projected manpower requirement and works with the engineering lead-controls to allocate the necessary manpower for the project and report progress.
- Designs control architecture based on customer specifications, information gathered from the mechanical engineers, project engineer and information available from documentation files of similar equipment design.
- Oversees layout of the design and checks for conformance to customer requirements, company design requirements, national electrical code and other specifications.
- Coordinates the design of the control system, consisting of drawings detailing power distribution, inputs / outputs, wiring diagrams, cable and panel layouts and PLC's. Submits completed design documentation to customer for approval or modification.
- Responsible for all software development created on projects. Must possess and maintain the ability to develop and debug PC/PLC/HMI/SCADA software programming to meet company and customer specifications.
- Reviews the equipment construction status with the project team lead. Answers questions from the operations group relating to panel layout, push button and switch locations, conduit routings...etc
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience in design, development, programming and commissioning custom automated equipment in a OEM environment.
- Extensive experience programming latest Allen Bradley/ Rockwell and Siemens PLC/HMI software.
- Extensive multi-axis servo (CIP) programming experience. Ability to tune and set parameters on most servos. Extensive control logix Rockwell and motion control experience.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience developing schematics, panel layouts, and bills of material. Knowledge of PLC networking systems (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Profibus, ControlNet)
- Capable of writing code in function block, structured text and ladder logic. Ability to design hardware and write vision systems; Cognex preferred.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulations, specifications and codes (customer specifications, NFPA 70E, NFPA79, CE, UL, and OSHA)
- Conduct risk analysis of equipment design to determine safety category. Experience in the use and application of various testing and measuring equipment and processes, integrated flow testing, and micron laser measurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.