Contract position: An Transmission Project Manager is needed for a world class utility company in the Tulsa, OK area. This role will manage a portfolio of predominantly medium to high risk projects and/or a large program of projects within a matrix team environment. No per diem available. 25% travel consists of traveling to project sites. Some travel time may be needed on weekend to get to project by Monday morning. Usually, travel is within the weekday time frame. Schedule M-F, possible OT Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Provide leadership, direction, training, coordination, and effective communication to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise assigned project work activities with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects with minimal management oversight.
- Effectively communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project updates including detailed and complex stakeholder presentations. Provide clear and concise written reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with 5+ years qualified experience or, two-year Associate's degree in the same required disciplines with 7+ years of qualified experience
- Experience must exhibit increasing project management and business/financial administration activities and responsibilities.
- Trained in areas of construction safety, negotiations, scope development and control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls and reporting, quality control, risk management.
- Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.