Permanent position: A heavy industrial manufacturer in the Greater Montgomery/Auburn, AL, area is seeking a tenured Quality Assurance Inspector to lead product inspections, formulating data collection methods, reporting, testing and driving supplier improvements. The ideal Quality Assurance Inspector candidate will have 5+ years of quality assurance experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment, be familiar with LEAN process improvement principals, have QMS experience, possess precision measuring device experience, and have a working knowledge of Nondestructive Testing Methods (NDTs). Previous certification or ability to obtain immediate ASNT NDT Level II Certification is required for this Quality Assurance Inspector candidate. Working knowledge of welding processes and ability to identify weld nonconformance is strongly preferred in this Quality Assurance Inspector candidate. Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Document and report KPIs.
- Analyze KPI results to prioritize improvement projects and drive value added QMS (ISO-9001) process improvements.
- Inspect and approve incoming materials through precision measurements (using mainly micrometers, calipers and bore/depth gages) and nondestructive testing (mainly ultrasound, mag particle inspection and hardness tests).
- Work with suppliers to resolve non-conformances and improve understanding of product requirements.
- Maintain gauge calibration program and reduce calibration cost.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with LEAN process improvement principals.
- Previous QMS experience (preferably ISO-9001) and precision measuring device experience.
- Working knowledge of Nondestructive Testing Methods (NDTs).
- Previous certification or ability to obtain immediate ASNT NDT Level II Certification.
- Working knowledge of welding processes and ability to identify weld noncomformance is preferred.
- Comprehensive healthcare.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Life insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.