Permanent position: Top ranked construction fir seeking an MEP Assistant/Asst. Superintendent in the Charleston, SC area. Relocation assistance is offered for non-local candidates. For these positions, candidates may have background as Construction Project Manager/Asst. Manager, Field Coordinator or Assistant Superintendent coordinating work on the job site and experience specifically with or in the mechanical or electrical trades. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent opportunity with a leading company offering room to grow and develop. Responsibilities for the Construction Supervisor
Requirements for the Construction Supervisor
- Onsite supervision of subcontractors in the field.
- Understand what each trade is responsible for.
- Ability to read, review and coordinate construction drawings, specs and shop drawings.
- Ensure/manage safe working environment in the field.
- Convey schedule, material, manpower and quality concerns.
- Early discussions of quality expectations with trades and identification of conflicts in the field.
- Understand contractors' production levels.
- 3-10 years of commercial construction experience as a Field Coordinator/Supervisor, Project Manager, Journeyman, Foreman, Assistant Superintendent, etc. on commercial construction projects.
- High school diploma required, some college or a college degree is a plus.
- Experience focused in at least one of the following areas: Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical or Data Centers
- Health, 401k, PTO, Holidays, Mobile reimbursement
- Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.