Permanent position: Industry leading general contractor is seeking a construction Safety Coordinator in the Huntsville, AL area. This position is responsible for helping to execute safety strategy and zero incident culture and monitoring daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules and regulations. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of safety experience on large commercial construction projects and have formal OSHA 500 safety training as well as additional safety training and certifications listed below. Excellent company culture, benefits and room to grow! Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates.Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Oversee and implement safety strategy and zero incident policy
- Monitor daily construction activities to ensure compliance with OSHA and company rules and regulations
- Teach onsite safety classes including fall protection, excavation & confined space as well as others when necessary
- 3-8 years of construction safety experience on large commercial construction projects
- Formal safety training including OSHA 500
- Training/certifications for scaffolding, crane management, steel erection, emergency response, fall management, excavation, confined space, rigging, hazardous waste, NFPDS/erosion control.
- Excellent communication/ability to work collaboratively with all levels of construction project
- Medical, PTO, 401k Company outings and advanced training, wellness
- Relocation Assistance
- Cell phone allowance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.