Contract position: Large utility has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer in Jackson,MI. Candidates need to have experience with electrical systems at either a pipeline or utility facility. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months with an extension, long term potential. Per Diem available for qualified candidates! Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment
- Product/process research
- Field technical support during construction
- Specification drafting and review
- Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is a must. Examples of this work may include replacement of a specific component at a regulator station or City Gate, or may be as complex as a rebuild of an entire regulation facility
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is preferred. Alternative degrees (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in a pipeline, distribution or utility facility, doing Electrical Systems to NES/NFPA standards.
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Digital pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Medical plan available
- Per Diem Available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.